Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Last Pics from 2019!

Wanted to share the last of my Instagram photos from fall of 2019. Here are a few highlights from its last few months.

A few days before the oldest four kids started at their new school, they got to meet their teachers. All of them have wonderful teachers, and we have had a great experience at this school so far! I am happy to say that the kids' transitioned to a new school so much more easily than I expected!
Asher and Mrs. Russell
Jazz and Mrs. Bryan
Bennett and Mrs. Mac (I am forcing him to take this picture. Ha. He has since grown to LOVE Mrs. Mac, who I think literally might be the sweetest teacher on the entire planet.)
Nora and Mrs. Hunker
Moe and Pop brought all the kids lunch at school on Grandparents' Day, and they sent me some cute pictures!




Allie started Mother's Day Out two days per week from 9:00-2:30! I am LOVING having some kid-free time to myself each week!
This pic is from her first day. She looks really excited here...but she screamed like a loon when I dropped her off! She has since grown to tolerate, and occasionally enjoy, school ;)
We found an awesome mother/daughter duo who come to our house and braid Jazz's hair. Jazz made us laugh one day by falling asleep while getting her braids!

Bennett turned six in October, and we invited some friends and family over for a party in the backyard, complete with a huge blow-up water slide!






One of our favorite things about our new house is that it is just a couple blocks from the square. When the weather is nice, it's fun to walk down there to eat or shop. 
Here are all the kids at a Farmer's Market on the square one Saturday this fall.
Seeing this photo and blurb about Nora in the sixth grade "Student Spotlight" made me smile!

Dustin has been doing some work for a company in California, and I was able to tag along on one of his trips to Santa Barbara back in October. It was lovely!
We went on a hike in Montecito.


Allie is an amazingly cooperative dental patient.
I had to get a pic, because she was so adorable.

I went with some friends to see "Cats" a month or so ago.
And I surprised myself by really enjoying it! It was super weird and mostly nonsensical, but nevertheless really impressive
and entertaining!
Allie tends to come down with respiratory funk this time of year.
We are now the proud owners of a nebulizer. Poor baby girl.
Nora went on her first weekend church retreat! She was a little nervous, because this was her first time to go to an overnight "camp", but she ended up having a great time!
I was thankful she had such sweet friends with her!
We bagged a zillion bags of leaves. We have an acre now, so it was a lot of work!
Luckily, I had cute helpers!
I chaperoned a sixth grade field trip to Texas A&M Commerce.
It reminded me of my days teaching middle school.
I had to force Nora to take a photo with me. Apparently, we have reached that stage where she is embarrassed by me.
Here are some pictures from the kids' school Christmas parties.




Nora and some of her friends had a Secret Santa gift exchange before Christmas.
All of these girls are so precious, and I am grateful Nora has them as friends!
We attended the candlelight Christmas Eve service at church.
Little did we know, Asher was coming down with the flu! It was a bummer that he was sick on Christmas.

Christmas morning! Our first in our new house! And our first Christmas with Jazz!
We had to cancel plans to go to Ruidoso since Asher was sick, which was a big bummer. But it was nice to have a lazy, easy Christmas break at home!



That wraps up 2019! It was such a life-changing year for our family! I'm hoping 2020 is a little less eventful ;)

No comments: